HK-IMT offers a certificate programme for those interested in deepening their understanding and practice of engaging their faith in the marketplace. This program involves 5 module components, which consist of theological teaching and practical exercises. Upon completion of the 5 modules the participant will receive an certificate, which indicates a comprehensive engagement of matters relating faith to work.
Certificate of Marketplace Transformation
Earn a Certificate in Marketplace Transformation
IMT offers a sequenced five module programme of integrating faith and work through study, without moving to a residential school. These courses cover the theology of work, marketplace, ethics, leadership, spirituality and marketplace pastoring, with fourteen options. Each of the five modules can be done over a few months very part time. Modules can be taken individually or as a group. Some of the modules can be taken as weekend or intensive courses at various locations or online learning and zoom based cohort classes. For more information contact email@example.com.
- Each certificate has two required foundation modules and the other three modules are elective; 5 modules in total.
- Possible concentrations in 3 tracks: Marketplace Leadership/Ministry, Marketplace Mentoring or Marketplace Pastoring
- Each module takes approximately 45 hours to complete, and should be completed 3 months from the day of registration. Each module consists of a teaching component, textbook reading, and a competency assignment. If a module is spread over 12 weeks, this would involve approximately three to four hours a week.
Required Foundational Modules:
- MM-1 (Marketplace Theology and Ministry) or MM-12 (Theology of Work)
- MM-4 (Taking Your Soul to Work)
Cost and Enrollment
- Each module seminar has a basic cost HK$1500 (varies per module)
- The following modules will be taught in Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese):
- MM-1 Marketplace Theology and Ministry
- MM-4 Taking Your Soul to Work (Marketplace Spiritual Formation)
- MM-6 Marketplace Mentoring
- MM-8 The Soul of Leadership*
- MM-9 Business Ethics*
- MM-10 Marketplace Pastoring *
- MM-11 Vocational Discernment
- MM-12 Theology of Work
- MM-14 Entrepreneurship and Innovation*
- MM-15 Money Matters*
- MM-17 Stewardship and Management *
*Chinese teaching materials are in preparation and will be released in 2021.
“The Gail and Paul Stevens IMT Scholarship”
Pastors and church leaders can apply for the scholarship if they fulfil the following criteria.
- They will finish minimum five modules within 3 years.
- They will implement a Marketplace Transformation program in their churches to empower and to equip their church members.
- They will participate further research and development of IMT teaching materials together with the IMT communities.
- Candidates will submit their application to the Coordinator of HK-IMT.
- Coordinate will meet and interview the Candidates and submit a recommendation to the Board of HK-IMT
- The Board will approve the application and inform the candidates.
Application form: Register here